Date: 19 March 2021
Update on situation in Myanmar (Yangon)
Dear Valued Partners and Clients,
Please find latest update of the situation in Myanmar:
1. Authorities have restricted the internet services protesters use to organise, with access to
Wi-Fi in public areas largely shut off by Thursday. Residents of some towns, including Dawei
in the south, reported no internet at all.
2. Maersk Line have decided to close their office for the next 7 days.
3. Carrier Ocean Network Express (ONE) Yangon have reported that they would only allow
a handful of staffs to work in their office but the staff would not be able to reply any e mails.
4. ONE Singapore has also confirmed that they have stopped accepting bookings to Yangon due
to the back log of containers now stuck in Yangon.
5. Our office will continue to monitor the situation in Yangon and give periodical updates to
our network partners. As of now our Export service will still be on a fortnightly basis from
Singapore but do expect delays due to the worsening situation in Myanmar.
6. We again would like to remind our network partners that DG shipments into Yangon will be
suspended till further notice and all destination charges must be strictly prepaid.
Yangon destination charges to be Prepaid as follow:
RELEASE ORDER FEE: USD 24 / SET
CARRIER SERVICE FEE: USD 48 / SET
HANDLING: USD 20 / RT
Kindly have this the above information made known to your respective staffs and clients.
Please download our PDF File for full details and information.
Management of Penanshin Shipping